Dr. Khabie co-authored this commentary piece in the Journal of Combat Sports Medicine from the Association of Ringside Physicians. Read on for more information about a topic that has been widely discussed.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 29 May 2015 00:00
Northern Westchester Hospital's co-chief of orthopedic surgery and director of sports medicine at the Orthopedic and Spine Institute Victor Khabie, MD, performed the first robot-assisted partial knee replacement in the state using the Navio system.
Dr. Victor Khabie
Here are five things to know:
1. Several surgeons have been trained in the procedure at Northern Westchester hospital, including Evan H. Karas, MD, Victor Khabie, MD, Eric Grossman, MD, Stuart T. Styles, MD, David J. Yasgur, MD, and Jeffrey H. Yormak, MD.
2. The Navio system provides robotic guidance during partial knee replacements, designed to increase the procedure's accuracy.
3. The technology integrates a handheld intelligent instrument with intuitive CT-free registration and patient-specific planning process.
4. Software guides are also included with the technology, allowing surgeons to create implant plans that localize components and balance soft tissue. The technology then helps surgeons generate a virtual surgical plan in the place of a standard mechanical cutting guide and jigs.
5. Incisions are less traumatic and allow patients to recovery more quickly than total knee replacements for the appropriately-indicated patient.
back to top
You Might Also Enjoy...
Dr. Buchalter recently answered some questions for Westchester Magazine about knee pain and knee arthritis for Westchester Magazine.
A rotator cuff tear might feel like game over, but it doesn’t have to be. We offer comprehensive treatments that range from conservative to surgical, and our experts are here to help you know which is right for you.
You search tirelessly for treatments that will treat joint damage and deliver quick pain relief. But what if we told you that the most powerful healing agents are found just below your skin? Take a closer look at PRP — a natural solution to pain.
Creak, crack, and pop. Your arthritic joints aren’t just painful and stiff — they’re keeping you from the things you love. Until now. Take a closer look at our most popular arthritis treatments and how they can help you live a pain-free life.
In case you missed it, Dr. Buchalter and Dr. Khabie participated in a webinar about shoulder, knee, and hip pain with Northern Westchester Hospital. Check it out!